Get the facts: higher education in Yorkshire & Humber
- Yorkshire’s universities boost the economy by making a 3.68bn contribution to the region and play a critical role in generating jobs, creating innovation and driving enterprise.
- Yorkshire’s universities develop highly skilled people by producing over 55,000 graduates each year and creating opportunities for the region’s workforce.
- Yorkshire's universities play a vital role in the region’s social and cultural life by attracting a large and diverse student population from more than 150 countries, creating accessible and vibrant public places through libraries, arts and sporting facilities.
- Yorkshire’s universities are powerful economic drivers, crucial to future prosperity and UK competitiveness; they work with business, public and voluntary sectors to create new markets and tackle global challenges through knowledge and innovation.
- Yorkshire’s universities work together by using their collective expertise, resources, skills and influence to maximise their impact on raising aspirations and socio-economic wellbeing.
Copyright 2006 - 2011 Yorkshire Universities. All Rights Reserved.